Families invited to community barbecue
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A free family picnic is being organised in Ketts Cave, Norwich to celebrate Love Parks Week.
Picnic in the Park is inviting families along to enjoy the outdoors on Monday July 17 from 3pm.
The picnic is being organised by ROOTS an organisation that provides opportunities for children and adults to get involved with nature through out door activities.
The RSPB will be there to help get young people more involved with the wild side of the city, providing a range of activities to help get families to take their first step into the wild with minibeast safaris, scavenger hunts and national treasure hunts.
Organisers ROOTS have created the scheme has part of new scheme called From the Roots Up Outdoor Community Projects which looks to get more young people involved in looking after parks and open spaces in the NR3 area.
You may also want to watch:
For more information go to ROOTS Facebook page.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 7 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 More than 300 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople