Exhibition celebrates work of MA students at Norwich University of the Arts
A Wheel of Fortune-style spinning wheel, an installation where the viewer becomes part of the art, and a mock video about an alternate Norfolk are among the works on display at an exhibition showcasing the work of students at Norwich University of the Arts.
The MA Degree Show, being held at NUA's St Georges Street building, features creative works by this year's MA students who have been studying courses in fine art, communication design, moving image and sound, curation and textile design.
Among the work is a series of paintings looking at advancing middle age, a rug created through a process described as 'painting with wool,' a comedic mock-public information video from an alternate reality Norfolk, and an interactive webcam installation called Mirror Noise.
MA communication design student Mark Amos, who has created a Wheel of Fortune-style spinning wheel that expresses the emotional meaning of colour, said: 'This is the show for us, the most important part of our education. I came into the MA as a commercial designer and will graduate with a new way of seeing design.'
The MA Degree Show is held alongside an exhibition from the Arts Council Collection curated by NUA MA curation students in the university's gallery, also in St Georges Street. The exhibition, called 'For What It's Worth: Perceptions of Value in Contemporary Art', includes works by Damien Hirst, Grayson Perry and Rachel Whiteread.
You may also want to watch:
MA leader Paul Fieldsend-Danks said: 'The variety and high standard of work on display at this year's MA Degree Show reflects the diversity and ambition of the university's taught postgraduate students.'
• The show is at Norwich University of the Arts, in St Georges Street, until September 4. It is open 11am to 5pm each day, except Sunday when the exhibition is closed. Visit www.nua.ac.uk/madegreeshow2013
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 4 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 9 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 10 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others