Emneth Primary School to become an academy through CWA Academy Trust
- Credit: Ian Burt
Emneth Primary School, near Wisbech, is to become the next primary academy to join the CWA Academy Trust.
CWA Academy Trust is a multi-academy trust founded by the College of West Anglia.
Emneth Primary School will be the ninth school to join the CWA Academy Trust. The trust already supports a handful of primary academies including Eastgate Academy in King's Lynn, Nelson Academy in Downham Market, Southery Academy and will be joined by Upwell Primary School and North Wootton Community School in 2017.
Alison Townsend, head teacher at Emneth Primary School, said: 'I have no doubt that joining the trust will result in positive benefits for the children and families at Emneth. I look forward to working with the CWA family of schools and learning through collaboration.'
David Pomfret, Chief Executive of the CWA Academy Trust, said: 'Our primary academies are achieving great things. Nelson Academy and Eastgate Academy are already performing well ahead of national averages after joining us in 2014 and we look forward to working with Emneth Primary School to help them progress in a similar way.'
You may also want to watch:
CWA Academy Trust will be working with the school's leaders and consulting with staff and parents in the coming months, in preparation for the planned opening of the new academy in April 2017.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
- 8 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast