Educating Norfolk: Aylsham High School pupils tell us what makes a good school
- Credit: Archant
We asked pupils what they like about Aylsham High, and what makes a good school.
Finn Morgan, Friendly Faces captain, said: 'Having good relationships between everyone and not having really cliquey groups who don't interact with each other. Friendly Faces is somewhere where anyone can go and it's a place where you can say if there's something bothering you - bullying, problems at home, homework. We give you confidential advice and support.'
Ben Howes, head boy, said: 'I think the key to a good school is a sense of community and trust between teachers and students and having trust between students, which is what the Friendly Faces help with.'
You may also want to watch:
Elizabeth Cooper, head girl, said: 'One of the most important things is the atmosphere. 'In lessons there's the atmosphere that you want to do well. At our school, there's an atmosphere of wanting to learn and do better and get good results, and that's really important.'
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 8 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 9 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 10 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
Orla Shaw said: 'The Eagles group is the place if you are dyslexic. It's helped me because I was a bit nervous when I first came up and did not have any friends up here. 'The Eagles is a place where you can make friends and after a while, if you feel ready, you can do to mainstream.'
Liam Blatch said: 'Communication between students and teachers is important, and teachers being able to help if something is needed, rather than forgetting. 'Co-operation between year groups is really important because younger people need older year groups who can give you advice. 'The community between different years helps you learn.'