Two Norfolk schools on the hunt for new headteachers
- Credit: Archant
Two primary schools in Norfolk are recruiting new headteachers.
Great Yarmouth Primary Academy and Drake Primary School, in Thetford, have posted adverts appealing for new leaders.
The Yarmouth school was the first in the Inspiration Trust, and 'pioneered [its] extended day approach', the advert says. 'The academy continues to evolve,' it says, 'with recent building work adding new classrooms to accommodate planned increases in pupil numbers.'
The candidate will be expected to 'relight the fire on academic improvements'.
Drake Primary, where head Mary Bartrop is retiring, is going through an expansion scheme to cope with the new homes expected in Thetford.
You may also want to watch:
The school said it is looking for someone to 'continue [its] journey from infant to primary school' and build on 'excellent work already underway'.
Salaries for the jobs are listed as around £70,000 in Great Yarmouth and between £74,600 and £80,300 for the Thetford role.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 5 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 6 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 7 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls