Downham primary school youngsters are running in brand new kit from Taylor Wimpey
Children in the Clackclose Primary School Running Club will soon be on the starting line wearing new kit.
Housebuilder Taylor Wimpey has supplied the school in Downham Market with 23 running shirts for club members to wear in races ranging from fast-action sprints to long-distance challenges.
Sarah McDevitt, Head of PE at Clackclose Primary School, believes the sports tops will bring a sense of pride to the team she runs with Frances Rayner, a parent of two children at the school.
'The running club is becoming really popular and it has grown considerably over the last couple of years,' she said.
'This season we've got about 40 members and from that group, 23 are picked to represent the school in competitions, so it's great that Taylor Wimpey has provided us with these strips.
You may also want to watch:
'These are the first official shirts the running club has had and it's going to make a huge difference to the children. They are going to look and feel like a real team which should give them an important boost during races.'
Stacy Dornan, regional sales director for Taylor Wimpey, said: 'We're delighted to help out by providing these shirts for the children. The running team is going from strength to strength and now the children can compete in events with added confidence.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 7 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 8 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died