'Vibrant' school library revamp sees hand painted murals adorn walls
- Credit: Downham Market Academy
A Norfolk school has revamped its library space and now sees hand painted murals of literary figures adorn the walls.
The library at Downham Market Academy has had a "beautiful and vibrant" revamp which includes literary figures such as Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Stephen Fry, Kazuo Ishiguro and Caitlin Moran painted on the walls.
New carpet, furnishings and a new selection of books are also part of the £5,000 developments.
The new library includes a number of different zones in which students can carry out activities such as homework, presentation preparation and revision.
Senior deputy headteacher Mark Eastwood said: “With our library revamp, we wanted to create a cosier space with comfy areas for students to sit and read or play board games, as well as somewhere that is conducive to academic studies. I am thrilled with the result.”
You may also want to watch:
In recent years, the entire inside of the school was repainted and the dining area was redesigned.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk