Dodgeball tournament challenge for Aylsham High School trio
Three Aylsham High School students are organising a dodgeball tournament for about 80 younger pupils from six cluster schools.
Harry Barwick, Lyndon Ritchie and Austin Everitt, all in Year Nine, have to plan every aspect of the event, on March 14, in order to gain an award from the Edexcel examining board.
They have completed a first aid course, are receiving dodgeball coaching sessions, have produced information packs for the schools, and the Friends of the high school have bought balls which the cluster schools - Hevingham and Marsham, Bure Valley, Buxton, Erpingham, Colby and Aldborough - will be allowed to keep.
The boys, aged 13 and 14, have also been responsible for all administration connected with the event, including publicising it.
They hope the tournament will become an annual event and that the schools will establish dodgeball clubs.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 6 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 7 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 8 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout