Diss education group to host guest speakers throughout the new year
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2015
An education group in Diss will be starting the new year with a talk abut gemstones.
The Diss University of the Third Age (U3A) will be hosting the talk by Jason Middleton on Thursday, January 4 at the United Reformed Church in Diss.
The talk will be around is the second part of series of talks about gemstones, this talk is focusing on pearls.
The group's next meeting on Thursday, February 1, will include a talk from Jean Wright, which will be on the History of Gold Weaving at the United Reformed Church.
The U3A is a self-help, self-managed co-operative for people no longer in full-time work. It aims to provide opportunities for shared learning experiences in a wide range of specific interest groups, monthly talks and outings to sites of general interest.
You may also want to watch:
Diss U3A was formed in 2003 and now has more than 300 members.
For more information, go to www.dissu3a.org.uk.
- 1 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 4 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 5 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 6 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 9 Norfolk lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland