Did you attend Blyth Jex School in the 1980s or 1990s? Reunion is looking for former pupils
- Credit: Archant
A school reunion is being held in May for former pupils of the Blyth Jex School in north Norwich who were students in the 1980s or 1990s.
The event is to be held at the Top of The Terrace at Carrow Road on May 21 with music from the era to reignite all those memories of school discos from days gone by.
Julie Thomson, a former Blyth Jex pupil and organiser of the event, said that there has been a great response so far from the school's alumni.
'Originally we advertised it for people who went to the school in the 1980s and 1990s but we have had people get in contact who were at the school before than and want to come,' she said. 'We have also had some teachers get in contact and it would be nice if they could come.'
The school, now known as the Sewell Park Academy, dates back to 1929 where it was originally a girls grammar school.
You may also want to watch:
It became known as the Blyth Jex School in 1972 after merging with two neighbouring secondary schools and was home to nearly a thousand students.
The reunion has been well publicised on social media and has attracted the attention of former pupils from across the UK.
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 3 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 4 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 5 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 6 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 7 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 8 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 9 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 10 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity
Mrs Thomson said: 'So far we have sent tickets all over the country, including Portsmouth and Huddersfield.
'Some have also gone to the outskirts of Cambridge but the majority of people still live in Norwich or the surrounding area.'
•Tickets for the event can be purchased from The Murderers Pub and Terramanda's Hair Salon on Aylsham Road.
For more information visit the Facebook page.
•Scroll through the gallery above for some photos of the school in the 1980s and 90s.