Whole year group isolating after Covid case at high school
- Credit: Ian Burt
One year group at a high school is isolating for the next 12 days after a pupil tested positive for coronavirus.
Dereham Neatherd High School, on Norwich Road, has confirmed one year seven pupil has tested positive for Covid-19.
In a letter to parents, headteacher Chris Smith said the pupil developed symptoms last weekend and “has not attended school since”.
Mr Smith asked all students in the same year group to isolate “as a precautionary measure”.
He said: “We have identified pupils who are likely to have been in close contact with the pupil whilst at school and they have been notified separately to this letter. We know that you may find this situation concerning, but we are continuing to monitor the situation and are working closely with Public Health England.
You may also want to watch:
“Please be reassured that the action we are taking is to lower the chances of your son/daughter being exposed to the virus and that for most people, and particularly children, coronavirus is a mild illness.”
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Do you recognise this man?
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 10 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years