Acclaimed historian booked for college lecture
- Credit: Wymondham College
A historian of international reputation will be speaking to students at Wymondham College.
Dr David Milne is a senior lecturer in Modern History at The University of East Anglia, and author of the critically acclaimed America's Rasputin: Walt Rostow and the Vietnam War, published in 2008.
His lecture, entitled Franklin Roosevelt vs. America First will be the tenth held at the college.
Wymondham College has held the Lincoln Lecture since 2008.
It is given by 'a person of national or international renown' on a subject related either to the life and achievements of Abraham Lincoln or to the relationship between the United States and United Kingdom.
You may also want to watch:
Past speakers have included Justin Webb, BBC North America Correspondent, and Philip Breedon, Press Counselor at the US Embassy.
The lecture will take place on Thursday 8 at 6pm at Lincoln Hall.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 8 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 9 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 10 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours