Striking image of NHS nurse wins student art competition
- Credit: Inspiration Trust
A Cromer student’s powerful and moving image of a NHS nurse has won a Christmas art competition run by a Norfolk and Suffolk multi-academy trust.
Students and staff from across the Inspiration Trust family of 14 schools showcased their impressive art skills.
Grace Gascoyne, from Cromer Academy, impressed judges with her moving portrait of an NHS nurse wearing a face mask.
Meanwhile Guste Ziulpaite, a Year 1 student at Charles Darwin Primary Academy in Norwich, was selected the primary school winner for a painting of a turtle.
Judges from across the schools had the hard job of deciding the competition finalists. The overall winners were then chosen by Dame Rachel de Souza, departing trust chief executive, who was this week appointed the new children’s commission for England.
She said: "The talent and creativity our young people have shown has been truly inspirational, it made choosing a winner very challenging."
You may also want to watch:
Both winners received an art equipment pack and a creative workshop for their schools to help them continue their passion for art.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 4 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 5 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 6 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 7 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 10 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars