Cringleford children welcome Bishop to new school
- Credit: Kieron Tovell
Children in Cringleford celebrated the completion of their new £7.8m school in a special assembly.
The Bishop of Norwich, the Right Reverend Graham James, attended Cringleford Church of England Primary School on for a special dedication ceremony.
Norfolk County Council, the Diocese of Norwich and developers of the new Round House Park estate have funded the 420 place school, in Dragonfly Lane.
The County Council invested £4.8m in the project, which doubled the number of primary school places in the growing village. The new school, which opened in June, replaced the former school, in Cantley Lane.
Neil Henery, headteacher, said: 'Our new school is a beautiful building and a great place in which to teach and learn.
You may also want to watch:
'The new school has brought the whole community together and has meant we have a bright space fully equipped for teaching the whole curriculum.'
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit