School closed for third day following flood damage
- Credit: Archant
A primary school is closed for a third day as it recovers from flood damage.
Costessey Primary School, in Three Mile Lane, Costessey, is closed again today [Wednesday, October 9] as it is still without power following damage caused during Sunday's heavy rain.
Posting a notice on the school's Facebook page on Tuesday, Katie Lawson, the school principal, said: "Despite [engineers] best efforts, we are still without power.
"We are awaiting further parts and a considerable amount of work is still needed to reconnect the power supply to the school.
"As a result we are saddened to inform you that the school will remain closed tomorrow (Wednesday, October 9).
You may also want to watch:
"Please be reassured that we really are doing all we can to get the school back up and running, as we understand the disruption this must be causing to your families."
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 6 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 10 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release