College of West Anglia students celebrate at awards ceremony
- Credit: Archant
It is that time of year for students to look back on months of hard work and celebrate the achievements of those who have shone in their subjects.
The College of West Anglia student awards ceremony at the King's Lynn Corn Exchange, hosted by media studies lecturer James Fox, recognised learners from all the college's campuses including in Lynn and the sports campus at Lynnsport, Wisbech and Cambridge.
IT student Adam Cardew was announced as overall student of the year for 2016.
He said: 'I'm absolutely shocked. I couldn't believe it. I really didn't see it coming at all, my heart was pounding.
'Everyone receiving awards tonight was a deserving winner.
You may also want to watch:
'Thank you to everyone who has supported me and a big thank-you to the senior management team as well.'
The 20-year-old, of Snettisham, was presented with the award for his persistent personal and vocational improvement during his education and his 'can-do' attitude.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 6 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
A spokesman for the college said the aim of the awards was to highlight the dedication of those who were not always at the top of the class, but who always gave it their all.
For each category, a short video citation of all the finalists was played before the winners and runners-up were announced.
Do you have an achievement to celebrate? Email firstname.lastname@example.org