Colby School need a final cash push to reach total
Inspired by a sense of fun and taste for adventure pupils at Colby School have been busy putting their thoughts to paper.
The best designs are set to form part of the outdoor play area at the village school.
To help turn the children's dreams into reality the Friends of Colby School group is bidding for cash from our Community Chest campaign in association with the Norfolk Community Foundation.
Headteacher Christine Mead, said: 'We do quite a lot of outdoor activity at Colby School, it is something we are really passionate about, so it would be fantastic if the play area that has been a dream could become reality. An injection of funds would really give the project a boost. With the Community Chest money we would definitely be able to get something built within this school year.
'There has been such a good response and I am confident we will get enough support for the bid. We really are a school at the heart of the community, it is something we pride ourselves on.'
You may also want to watch:
The school needs £10,000 and has been fundraising for around two years.
The children's designs are being judged after half-term and it is hoped some of the play equipment can be in place by the summer.
- 1 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 8 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
Meanwhile Community Chest tokens are being furiously snipped and saved to meet the target.
The EDP's Community Chest campaign will give away £100,000 throughout 2016.
Cash grants of between £250 and £2,500 will be awarded every month. To put yourself in line for a cash boost, all you need to do is collect 500 tokens in total, which can be found printed daily on the back page of the EDP.
For more information, rules and an entry form visit http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/community-chest