Cliff Park Infant School and Junior School due to reopen
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
A school is set to open again after urgent repairs to fix a leak.
Cliff Park Infant School and Cliff Park Junior School, both in Orde Avenue, Gorleston, were closed on Wednesday due to a significant leak from one of the school's main water tanks on Tuesday afternoon.
A spokesman for the East Anglia Schools Trust academy chain which runs the schools, said both buildings stayed open on Tuesday after the leak was discovered.
School leaders implemented an emergency plan on Tuesday to ensure that pupils and staff could access toilets and clean water.
But they were forced to close on Wednesday carry out an emergency repairs and the entire water supply needed to be turned off.
You may also want to watch:
Over 580 pupils between the two schools were affected by the closure, with many parents and guardians having to take time off work.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 3 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 4 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 9 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 10 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances