Christmas comes early for Cromer youngsters
A lucky group of Cromer youngsters were given an early Christmas present when they were taken to the theatre by the town's mayor.
Greg Hayman took 60 students from Cromer Junior School to see the Seaside Special Christmas show at the Pavilion Theatre for today's matinee performance.
Mr Hayman busked on the streets of Cromer to help raise the money to treat the party of youngsters, with donations also coming from members of the public and ticket sales to his civic event.
He said: 'In these difficult times, I firmly believe that money raised in Cromer ought to stay in Cromer. I think we have a wonderful asset here in the Pavilion Theatre and it's terrific to be able to introduce a new generation to the pleasures of live entertainment.
'It's a wonderful seaside tradition and we are so lucky to have it here on our doorstep.'
You may also want to watch:
The children excitedly posed for pictures on the rather blustery pier before being ushered into their seats to enjoy the variety show, which featured song and dance numbers, stand up comedy and magic.
Steve Godson, headteacher at the school in Norwich Road, added: 'We are all thrilled at the school by this act of thoughtfulness and would like to thank the mayor and all those who contributed to his fundraising initiative.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 7 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 9 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 10 Rescuers resume search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
'To my knowledge we have done many exciting things locally, but never visited the pier theatre as a group. We are really grateful for this opportunity.'
The Christmas Seaside Special is now in its seventh year and runs until December 31.