West Norfolk youngsters spend a day with their pen pals
- Credit: Courtesy of Anthony Curton Primary School
Youngsters from a West Norfolk school were able to meet and play with their pen pals from Leicester.
Children at the Anthony Curton Primary School,in Walpole St Peter, were delighted to play host to their friends from the Mayflower School in Leicester, who travelled across to Norfolk to spend the day at the school.
The children were taken on a walk through the village to visit Walpole St Peter's Church, where they learnt about its architecture and history.
They had lunch with their friends from Year 3 and spent the afternoon making friendship bands.
Executive head teacher, Anne Senior, said: 'We have long been aware that our school is located in a very rural, and quite isolated, part of the country. This was an ideal opportunity for the children to make friends with others whose daily experiences are very different to their own.'
You may also want to watch:
Jane Murray, a teaching assistant at Anthony Curton School, said: 'The children from Leicester couldn't believe how flat our countryside was and how many green fields there were, for miles and miles.
'They thought we were very lucky to have a large community field next door to the school.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 10 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
The children have established a pen pal arrangement between the two schools and it is hoped to arrange a mutual visit.