Celebratory sports day marks Hempstead nursery’s 10th birthday
- Credit: Archant
Babies, toddlers, mums and dads took to the race track to compete in a nursery's annual sports day and enjoyed fun off the field to mark the group's tenth birthday.
The Strawberry Patch Nursery in Hempstead was filled with cheering crowds today as sporting stars of all ages lined up to take part in traditional events, including running races and an egg and spoon dash.
All the competitors received a medal for their efforts and there was particular cheer amongst the mums who beat the dads in the parents' running race.
A special award was also handed to staff member Emily Price, who has worked at the nursery since it opened in 2003.
Off the track youngsters and their parents enjoyed a raffle and tombola to mark the nursery's special year.
You may also want to watch:
Sue Daniels, manager, said everyone had enjoyed themselves during the celebrations, which were bathed in warm sunshine after a cloudy start.
'The children did fabulously and were cheering each other on, so it was a really nice special day,' she added.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
Among the guests was ten-year-old Isobel Pallister, who attended the nursery when it opened, and her one-year-old sister Susannah who recently joined the group.