Celebrations as Little Snoring Pre-School opens £85,000 new building
- Credit: Archant
Celebrations marked the opening of a new £85,000 building for pre-school near Fakenham which was the result of almost five years of fundraising.
The children and staff at Little Snoring Pre-School now have a purpose-built facility with space to play, learn and provide extra support for families.
The former building, on the same site, was unfit for purpose.
Mandy Littler, pre-school manager, said: 'It is proving to be a lovely environment for the children and staff to be in. We hope it will continue to thrive and be an asset for the village.'
Fundraising in the local community started the project, Norfolk County Council's children's services contributed £20,000 and an anonymous local benefactor added £15,000.
You may also want to watch:
Further £5,000 grants came from the Victory Housing Trust, through the Norfolk Community Foundation, and North Norfolk District Council's Big Society Fund.
Little Snoring Parish Council assisted with the planning application and the use of the adjacent community room and Little Snoring Playing Field Association agreed to extend the area of land leased to the pre-school.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 5 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 6 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 7 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 8 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
- 9 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 10 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
This allowed for the siting of the new building alongside the old one, which meant there was minimal disruption to the group.
Little Snoring Parish Council and the county council, through the Parish Partnership Scheme, provided a new path from the car park to the school entrance and community building.
The pre-school moved into the new building at the end of February and an official opening ceremony was held this week.
Children and staff celebrated with the deputy leader of North Norfolk District Council Rhodri Oliver, Clive Rayner from Norfolk Community Foundation, John Archibald, chief executive of Victory Housing, architect David Bonner from Norfolk Pro-Help and representatives from Little Snoring Parish Council and other schools and children's centres.
Spaces are available for children between two and five and the weekly stay and play sessions are due to re-start. An activity day and teddy bears' picnic will be held during the summer term. Call 07733 144466 for more information.