Celebration day for College of West Anglia graduands
Years of hard work paid off for graduates from the College of West Anglia when they collected their qualifications at their graduation ceremony.
It was an emotional ceremony for the 138 graduands, who collected their official certificates at the event held at the King's Lynn Corn Exchange.
College Principal David Pomfret said: 'Today is a day of celebration for you, our graduates.
'It is also a special day for those family members and friends that have been there for you throughout, offering support and maybe a shoulder to cry on.
'I'm sure there were times when some of you felt like giving up and it's at times like this that family and friends are crucial and they deserve thanks and recognition for the role they have played in your success.'
You may also want to watch:
The ceremony's keynote speaker was Prof Michael Thorne, vice chancellor of Anglia Ruskin University, which works in partnership with the college to offer higher education courses in west Norfolk.
Qualifications awarded ranged from foundation degrees to bachelor degrees with honours. The titles varied between the arts, humanities and sciences.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
The student of the year award was presented to Rachael Castleton, who had achieved a first class honours degree in history and english literature.
Rachael Castleton, from King's Lynn, won the University Centre West Anglia student of the year award.
During her course, she won prizes for her work on Shakespeare and for delivering outstanding coursework.