Canary youth cup team member presents Cromer Academy sports awards
- Credit: Archant
More than 200 students, parents and staff turned out for Cromer Academy's first sports award evening.
Sky Sports presenter and ex-Blue Peter star Simon Thomas opened the evening via a pre-recorded link to congratulate the students on their successes in sport at the academy and gave special mention to individual students for their outstanding achievements over the past year.
Norwich City Football Club's U18's Youth Cup winning team member Harry Barker, who has just signed a contract with the club, was guest of honour for the evening and presented the students with their awards.
Despite his tender age, Harry delivered an inspirational speech to the students linking all his achievements to hard work and dedication in the classroom as well the sports field.
Special mention during the evening was given to the academy's GCSE PE students, who achieved one of the academy's best-ever set of practical marks.
You may also want to watch:
They included Josh Copeman equalling the academy's 32-year high jump record with a measurement of 1m 68cm.
Other achievements celebrated during the evening were: Year 11 student Callum Taylor being signed for Essex Cricket Club Academy; Adam Spruce, who recorded the fastest U14 slalom ski in Norfolk as part of the Norfolk Partnership Winter Games; Liam Jackson and Nyall Brown, who finished in the top eight at the area athletics to qualify to represent Norfolk at the East Anglian race in Lincolnshire and All England race in Derbyshire; and Laura Barron who is the reigning British Schools Rhythmic Gymnastics Champion in Ribbon.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 4 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 8 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 9 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 10 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
Outstanding Performance Awards went to the following students:
U14 Badminton – Zeke Downes
U16 Badminton – Oliver Wells
U14 Hockey – Akayla Newton
U16 Hockey –Laura Smith
U12- Netball – Mollie Smith
U14- Netball – Megan Boreham
U16 Netball – Charlotte Crane
U12 Girls Football – Megan Lightfoot
U14 Girls Football – Megan Purdy
Cross Country – Nyall Brown and Liam Jackson
U12 Boys Football- Euan Neave
U13 Boys Football – Tom Secker
U14 Boys Football – Alfie Harwood
U15 Boys Football – Jordan Wiseman
U16 Boys Football – Liam Jackson
In2U Hockey Partnership Player – Josh Hinds