Call for businesses to give careers advice at schools
- Credit: Archant
Businesses across Norfolk are being asked to go back to school for a day to help give students essential careers advice at events in the region.
The Norfolk Chamber of Commerce is organising a number of careers event with schools, colleges and sixth forms to inspire, enthuse and motivate students to consider employment options available to them locally, and think about their future career progression.
It is particularly asking young business people to get involved, because they can relate to the young audience.
It is part of a nationally-funded project with the Careers and Enterprise Company, and offers free support to schools by asking businesses to volunteer time to provide careers advice and share knowledge.
The Your Future careers events will take place between now and July 2017, aimed at pupils in Year 7 to Year 13.
You may also want to watch:
Caroline Williams, chief executive of the Chamber, said: 'This is a great opportunity for businesses to work with schools across the region to help address the gap between business and education. Many businesses feel students don't have the right skills, this is their chance to make a change by taking part in these vital careers event.'
Andrew John, headteacher of Sprowston High School, which hosted one of the events last year, said: 'I genuinely believe that partnerships with our business community contributes hugely to improving student aspirations, academic outcomes and future life chances.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 10 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
'We want to ensure our students are prepared well for their next stages of their education, training or employment in our local Norwich or Norfolk area with excellent impartial careers advice.'
Businesses interested in getting involved should contact Philippa Bindley on 01603 729703 or email@example.com
Do you have an education story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org