Call for ‘active’ members as event launches Aylsham Cluster Trust
The community is being urged to rally round to support an innovative partnership between the schools in and around Aylsham.
A family learning day is being held at the high school on Saturday to formally launch the Aylsham Cluster Trust.
The co-operative trust enables the schools to involve the community in boosting education. Its partners include the Sainsbury Centre for the Visual Arts, The National Trust, City College Norwich, the Benjamin Foundation and Norfolk County Council.
All students, staff and parents from the schools are automatically members of the co-operative, but now the leaders of the trust are keen to encourage people and businesses to become 'active' members.
A spokesman for the trust said: 'We have chosen this approach because we believe that the greatest energy for change and development comes from within our own communities.
You may also want to watch:
'To release this energy we need to build a membership of active participants in the trust who give of their time, their energy and their expertise to improve opportunities for children and families.
'Our vision is to develop a network of members who both contribute to and benefit from the work of the trust, in order to help our young people, families and ultimately our communities to continue to thrive.'
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 More than 300 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk
The family learning day launch event is at the high school on June 16 from 10am to 2pm. It is sponsored by Aylsham Rotary, and is designed to showcase the work of the cluster schools.
? Visit www.aylshamclustertrust.org.uk