Beeston Hall children sing for Syrians in school production of Beauty and the Beast
- Credit: DEBBY BESFORD
A collection taken after the performances raised over £1,500 for the school's charity this year.
Casting the annual school production is normally a headache for the director, but not so at Beeston Hall School in West Runton where the problem was solved by ensuring that every single child in the Prep School took part.
In a recent production of Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast Junior' the stage was filled with dancing cutlery and whirling teacups in a series of dances that owed much to the late, great Busby Berkeley.
Directed by Head of Theatre Studies, David Lloyd-Peck, who came to Beeston Hall from the Theatre Royal in Norwich, the cast entertained two full houses and were seen not only by parents and friends of the school, but also by guests who will be appearing in this year's Sheringham Little Theatre pantomime 'Peter Pan' in the new year.
Molly Williams, who played the lead, Belle, has recently been awarded a place in the National Youth Choir and her talent shone through on the stage. The school's Director of Music, Samantha Kayne, describes her as one of the best young singers she has ever taught.
You may also want to watch:
The Headmaster, Fred de Falbe, congratulated the pupils, after their final performance, on the discipline and ambition they had shown. It was, he said, 'quite extraordinary' what young people could achieve.
A collection taken after the performances raised over £1,500 for the school's charity this year, the Singing for Syrians campaign - part of the Hands Up Foundation. This was the serious point behind what was fantastic Christmas entertainment, much enjoyed by all.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 8 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 9 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks