Aylsham High’s Carousel bitter-sweet triumph for young actors
- Credit: Archant
Aylsham High School's hall was packed every night for its recent production of the musical Carousel, and even the matinée performances were a sell-out.
Tears flowed both in the audience, moved by the touching story, and among the cast on the last night as four of the show's principals took their final bows.
Hazel Needham, George Wilson, Chloe Chandler and Charlotte Foster have been in every musical during their five years at Aylsham High - as well as plays and Shakespearean productions - but all are due to leave the school this summer.
Carousel director Hazel Martin thanked the many hundreds who had swelled its audiences and said she was amazed at the show's wonderful reception.
Next year the school will stage its 17th musical, The Sound of Music.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 6 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?