Supermarket lifts ban on Norfolk high school students
- Credit: Archant
A ban on students from a Norfolk school entering a supermarket has now been lifted.
Hellesdon High School students had been banned from the Asda, on Drayton High Road, until the end of the summer term unless joined by an adult.
It came after reports of anti-social behaviour, and Mike Earl and Tom Rolfe, principals at the school said the 'majority of students are tremendous ambassadors for the school'.
They said new GDPR regulations meant CCTV footage could no longer be shared with the school in the same way, which made identifying students involved in incidents of anti-social behaviour difficult.
But they confirmed on Wednesday afternoon that the ban had been lifted with immediate effect.
MORE: Asda bans Norfolk high school students after anti-social behaviourGerard Batty, chief executive of the Wensum Trust, which runs the school, said: 'The school will work with Asda to ensure any student bringing Hellesdon High School, or indeed our community of Hellesdon, into disrepute will be dealt swiftly in collaboration with Asda and the police with and maximum sanctions applied.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Earl and Mr Rolfe said: 'We are pleased with the results of today's consultation with the staff at Asda, which has led to the student ban being lifted with immediate effect. We agree with Asda that a few badly behaved individuals should not be allowed to have such an impact on the majority of our otherwise exemplary students.'
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 3 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 4 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 5 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 6 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 7 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 9 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month