Artemis Fowl writer Eoin Colfer visits Sprowston Junior School
Children's author Eoin Colfer had youngsters almost crying with laughter when he visited Sprowston Junior School.
The Artemis Fowl writer, who has just launched the final book in the fantasy series, met 300 pupils during his afternoon in Norwich.
The visit was arranged by the Norfolk Children's Book Centre and was also attended by youngsters from Falcon Junior, Old Catton Junior, White Woman Lane Junior, and Hainford and Frettenham primary schools.
Sprowston Junior headteacher Janine Wye said the offer of the visit had come through at the last minute but, given his popularity among young people, added: 'You can't say no to Eoin Colfer.'
She said: 'He was very funny. Some of the children were almost in tears of laughter.
You may also want to watch:
'The children asked lots of questions.
'He talked about what he based his characters on and how he got into the writing side of things from being a teacher.'
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region