Anything is possible! Singer songwriter Tom Ryder’s inspiring message to North Walsham students
- Credit: Archant
Singer-songwriter Tom Ryder struggled in his teenage years with the pressure to perform well at school.
That weight of expectation led to bouts of insomnia, anxiety and depression.
Now with a debut single under his belt, Tom wants to assure young people that anything is possible - and they need to not only work hard but also enjoy their time at school, rather than fearing it and being worried about the outcome of exams.
The 27-year-old Essex born performer will be bringing his uplifting message to North Walsham High School next week.
'The expectation that I would be accepted into Oxford meant that, from GCSE's onwards I would suffer from insomnia, anxiety and depression,' explained Tom.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to discussing exam stress, online safety and the pressures of social conformity Tom will be performing his new single Here We Go Again.
He hopes to follow-up on his previous success performing debut single Silence Breaking Through Sound in front of Rod Stewart and Chris Evans, raising £9000 for Macmillan Cancer Support in the process.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 4 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 5 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 10 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort