All-through Norfolk academy starts year with two new principals
- Credit: Archant
An all-through academy with two sites in Norfolk has started the new year with two new principals at its helm.
Iceni Academy, which has sites in both Methwold and Hockwold, has appointed Emma Owner as principal at its primary site and Stephen Plume at its secondary.
Both are familiar with the school - Mrs Owner was formerly head of school at Hockwold and Mr Plume was senior vice principal at Methwold.
The school was rated good by Ofsted last July, and the principals said their appointments would help Iceni's journey to improve further.
Mrs Owner said: 'We were really pleased with our recent Ofsted report. However, I think the best is yet to come and this small change in leadership and increased autonomy, will make all the difference.'
You may also want to watch:
While there is just shy of eight miles between the sites, staff in similar subject areas work closely and primary students often attend events at the secondary.
Mrs Owner said: 'We have some excellent staff on both sites. In order for our students to get the best possible deal we are able to tap in to lots of expertise.'
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 7 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 8 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 9 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 10 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
Mr Plume said the community was 'really important' to the school, and that he wanted to work 'hand in hand' with those who can help its young people progress.
'I am very proud of our students who have achieved the best results in west Norfolk for the past three years,' he said. 'But our students are about so much more than grades, we have such a wide range of talents and interests from sport to music. Our community should be proud of these young people.'
The school, sponsored by the Academy Transformation Trust, was created through the merger of Hockwold Primary and Methwold High in 2011. It converted to academy status and was renamed in 2013.
Last July's good Ofsted report was the best in the school's history, and it also marked its best exam results to date this summer.
In November, it was announced that the school's former executive principal Gee Cook had taken on a new role as the executive principal of Norfolk Academies, a trust run by the Transforming Education in Norfolk (TEN) Group.
• Do you have an education story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org