All change at Mundesley First School
It's all change at Mundesley First School, which will reopen in September with a new name, a new uniform and a new headteacher.
Long-serving head Jeanette Thompson is leaving after 15 years, with Isabel Stubbs taking the reins as acting head.
And the new head will be in charge of a new school, with Mundesley First becoming Mundesley Infant School.
Last week, Mrs Thompson was given a send-off by parents, pupils and teachers at an end-of-school-year picnic.
A spokesman for the school said Mrs Thompson had been an 'inspiration' during her time leading the school and added: 'It is not only the pupils in her school who have benefited from her driving commitment and hard work to raise standards, she has been a great mentor to staff and parents, encouraging all to develop their personal skills and talents.
You may also want to watch:
'Everyone involved with Mundesley First School wants to thank her for her amazing energy and vision.'
In September, the children will be wearing a new purple uniform with a yellow motif. The uniform is replacing the current blue and red one.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 10 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
The school, which will go from ages four to eight to ages four to seven, is one of the last in the county to change its age range to tie in with education key stages.
The neighbouring Mundesley Junior School will keep its name, but will go from being age eight to 11 to seven to 11.
The new infant school will see its numbers drop from approximately 130 to nearer 100 pupils.