All change as new senior leader appointed to take over ministry at Catton Grove
- Credit: Carol Woodward
A new senior leader will be taking over the ministry at Catton Grove in October following the departure of the existing leaders to Gorleston.
Ian and Sue Savory will be leaving the leadership team at Oak Grove Chapel in the autumn to lead the re-planting of the fellowship that met at the King's Centre in Gorleston.
They have been invited by relational mission to lead the re-planting and will start there in October.
However, Oak Grove's current community pastor, Darren Woodward, will become the senior leader.
His wife Lynette and himself are already at the heart of Catton Grove's mission as a fellowship.
You may also want to watch:
Carol Woodward, from Oak Grove Chapel, said: 'Ian and Sue will of course be hugely missed, both by friends and family, the church and the local community here in Catton Grove.
'So it's good they are not moving too far away and we look forward to forging new links with the fellowship in Gorleston.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
'As a leadership team, we believe that Ian and Sue have very clearly been called by God to this new work and we wholeheartedly support their decision to answer this call.'
The church will formally say goodbye to them at a special celebration service 'The Big Send Off' on September 22, from 10am, followed by a shared lunch.
This will take place at the normal Sunday venue– The Hub, Catton Grove Primary School, Weston Road, Norwich.
Anyone wishing to attend 'The Big Send Off' or needing anymore information, should phone the Oak Grove office as soon as possible on 01603 403388.
Carol added: 'For now, we would like to publicly thank both Ian and Sue for their long and faithful service in this place. They have touched the lives of many in this community, been a blessing to the fellowship at Oak Grove in so many ways and are very special friends.'