Alderman Peel High School students celebrated for sporting achievements
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a school in Wells-next-the-Sea have been recognised for their sporting achievements.
The Alderman Peel High School's annual sports awards evening saw a large number of students celebrated for their commitment to sport.
The event, held on March 8, was attended by students, parents, staff and governors from the school.
Year nine students opened the evening with a gymnastics performance, before six sports young ambassadors gave an opening address.
World karate champion Matthew Broadhead also gave a talk on his journey to reach the top of his sport. Earlier in the day Mr Broadhead had joined year eight students to help coach a karate workshop.
You may also want to watch:
All nominees for the evening received a certificate, while the winners took home a badge and prism.
Sporting disciplines recognised by the awards included golf, hockey, water polo and tennis.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 9 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 10 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000