Aldborough Primary School targets new head teacher
- Credit: Colin Finch
A school in Norfolk is using James Bond know-how to find a new head teacher.
With rural primaries finding it increasingly difficult to attract new staff, Aldborough has created a special promotional film showcasing the school and its pupils to attract the right candidate.
Dr David Doak, chair of governors, is being credited as the creative genius behind the film. He was previously a director of the computer game company behind the Nintendo hit 'GoldenEye 007', based on the 1995 spy film.
The village school, which has 140 pupils, also enlisted the support of a Norfolk rock band Morganway, who were filming a music video in the area, to record aerial shots of the school and provide the soundtrack. In return they used a cellar owned by one of the parents for part of their shoot.
The Aldborough School footage has been viewed thousands of times online after being uploaded to social media and has already attracted 'considerable interest' – including one potential candidate who is returning to the UK from Africa.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Doak said: 'We wanted the film to encapsulate what's great about Norfolk, as well as what makes our school so special. We filmed it over a few days. It was easy to get great footage because Aldborough School is a fantastically positive and happy place - the hard part was editing it down to three minutes!
'We know how hard it will be to get a new head teacher. So alongside conventional recruitment methods, we took the decision to use social media to push the message to as many potential candidates as possible. Parents, friends and family have all shared the video through a variety of social media and that's given us a huge 'reach.''
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 10 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
To view the fil
The Aldborough School film can be found online at https://youtu.be/yRkMpUrkiYA
Anyone interested in the vacancy can find more information at the Aldborough School website, www.aldborough.norfolk.sch.uk/office/recruitment/.
The closing date for applications is September 26, 2016. The successful candidate will take up the post in September 2017.
For more information, call the school office on 01263 761264 or email firstname.lastname@example.org