Special sports day helps children to discover their ability
- Credit: Alexandra Bone
Children of all abilities were able to discover their inner sporting star at a sports day with a difference.
Norwich community interest company Able2B, which offers fitness opportunities for people with disabilities, joined forces with Norwich School to organise the Discover Your Ability event.
It saw children and young adults with disabilities and Norwich School pupils work in pairs to complete challenges including a cycle race and an 800m run or walk.
The project began in March and has seen teamwork activities take place between the pupils and their partners.
Among the children who took part in the sports day on June 2 were twins Thomas and Daniel Bristow, nine. Despite only recently having started walking, both made it round the 800m route.
Able2B co-founder Rachael Hutchinson said: "We took two groups of people who were both a bit apprehensive of each other and brought them together and overcome those perceptions to realise they are all the same with different strengths and weaknesses, disability or not."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 9 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 10 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman