EDP tea tent serves thousands of cuppas to readers
The simple lure of a cuppa, a slice of cake and a chat while reading the latest show news brought hundreds of readers to the EDP's tea tent.
An estimated 2,500 cups of tea have been served today at the popular marquee, stand 211, on the third drive - with organisers expect the same brisk trade tomorrow.
Debbie Noye, promotions manager for Archant East, said: 'It is an opportunity to reward our loyal readers but it also gives other visitors to the show an opportunity come in and get a newspaper, a cup of tea and a cake. Some other places you have to be a member to get in, but we're offering this to everyone. And we're here all day on Thursday too.'
Among the tea tent customers at the Royal Norfolk Show were Sally Beales, 63, from Bradwell, and her friend Carolyn Murray, 62, from Ludham.
Mrs Beales said: 'We hunted out the tea tent because the cakes and the teas are so good.'
You may also want to watch:
• Also visitors of the tea tent had their pictures taken in our fun face in the hole board.
• For your chance to appear online and in print, simply tweet us your photographs of your face in the hole @EDP24 with the #BigEDP. We'll also be retweeting each one, so don't miss out!
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 5 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 6 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 7 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 8 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 9 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 10 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods