Editor discusses changes in the media at Norfolk business networking event
- Credit: Archant
A journalist and editor spoke about changes in the media at a business networking event.
Andrew Papworth, the Eastern Daily Press' editor for South and West Norfolk and editor of the Mercury series in South Norfolk, gave a talk to about 60 business people at the South Norfolk Business Forum event at Barnham Broom on Wednesday, March 8.
The forum takes place quarterly at different locations in South Norfolk throughout the year.
The 30-year-old spoke about the role of a journalist and editor today as well as the challenges and opportunities faced in the industry, particularly how titles like the EDP and Mercury can remain relevant to both online and print readers.
Mr Papworth said: 'It was great to have the opportunity to speak to the leaders of businesses in South Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
'It was very clear that there is an exceptionally strong business community here and I want to work with them to cover the most important business issues.'
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit