Ed Sheeran tickets sell out for Thetford Forest gig
Tickets sold out in a matter of minutes for a gig by pop sensation Ed Sheeran at Thetford Forest this summer.
The tickets for the July 12 concert went on sale this morning (Friday) and were gone within 25 minutes.
He later tweeted: 'Thetford forest gig sold out in 25 minutes this morning :) can't ask for more than that. Love you all x.'
Last night it was revealed the singer songwriter, from Framlingham in Suffolk, will head the field for this year's Brit Awards with four nominations
He goes up against Noel Gallagher, James Blake, James Morrison and Professor Green for the best British male title and is one of ten acts in contention for best British single.
Best British album - which has now become the centrepiece of the Brits - will be fought over between Sheeran's +, 21 by Adele, Mylo Xyloto by Coldplay, Ceremonials by Florence and the Mercury Prize-winning Let England Shake by PJ Harvey.
Forestry Commission spokesman Roger Woods said: 'As expected, Ed Sheeran has proved a hot ticket for the Summer with his 12th July date at Thetford Forest selling out in a matter of minutes.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
'We are obviously delighted to have Ed Sheeran as part of the Forestry Commission Live Music concert series for 2012.'
Tickets are still on sale for other Thetford Forest summer acts which include Plan B on June 15, Will Young on June 16 and The Darkness on July 14.