Ed Sheeran’s old clothes raise £7,500 for EACH
- Credit: PA
Ed Sheeran's old clothes have raised around £7,500 for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
The Suffolk singer, whose song Thinking Out Loud is number one in the single charts, saw his camouflage hoodie go for almost £1,000.
Sheeran, an ambassador for the charity, sold his old wardrobe on eBay for the EDP-backed nook appeal which aims to raise £10m to build a new hospice at Framingham Earl for Norfolk's sick children.
Simon Hempsall, from EACH, said: 'We're extremely grateful to Ed for this unique fundraising opportunity and have been blown away by the response to the auction – helped in no small way by him tweeting it to his 11.4 million followers.'
The highest selling items were: a Nike hoodie, £990; black tour hoodie, £740; Ralph Lauren hoodie (green) £710, Ralph Lauren hoodie (blue) £561; headphones, £410; and a checked shirt, £400.
You may also want to watch:
•Support the nook appeal by visiting www.each.org.uk/the-nook
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 3 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 6 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 7 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month