Ed Sheeran quits Twitter after receiving ‘hurtful’ comments
- Credit: PA
Suffolk singer Ed Sheeran has been driven off Twitter by hostile online comments.
The former Framlingham schoolboy now limits Tweets to tour dates and automatic updates via Instagram.
Sheeran said he had found some comments so hurtful that he could no longer face engaging with other users.
He told The Sun: 'I go on it and there's nothing but people saying mean things - Twitter's a platform for that.
'One comment ruins your day, but that's why I've come off it.
You may also want to watch:
'The [expletive] for me has been trying to work out why people dislike me so much.'
The Shape Of You singer said family and friends kept him grounded.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy
He said: 'I have people like my dad who will have a conversation with me.'
Sheeran added a low point came in a misunderstanding involving Lady Gaga's fans.
He said: 'Lady Gaga's fanbase read an interview in which they assumed I was talking about her and they all [expletive] hate me.'