Ed Sheeran quits Twitter after receiving ‘hurtful’ comments
- Credit: PA
Suffolk singer Ed Sheeran has been driven off Twitter by hostile online comments.
The former Framlingham schoolboy now limits Tweets to tour dates and automatic updates via Instagram.
Sheeran said he had found some comments so hurtful that he could no longer face engaging with other users.
He told The Sun: 'I go on it and there's nothing but people saying mean things - Twitter's a platform for that.
'One comment ruins your day, but that's why I've come off it.
'The [expletive] for me has been trying to work out why people dislike me so much.'
The Shape Of You singer said family and friends kept him grounded.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 5 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 6 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
He said: 'I have people like my dad who will have a conversation with me.'
Sheeran added a low point came in a misunderstanding involving Lady Gaga's fans.
He said: 'Lady Gaga's fanbase read an interview in which they assumed I was talking about her and they all [expletive] hate me.'