Ed Balls talks Strictly Come Dancing, I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here and Norwich City
Each week we put a well known Norwich face in the hot seat and ask them ten questions about themselves. This week we spoke with Norwich City chairman and Strictly Come Dancing star Ed Balls ahead of the Strictly Blackpool special.
Describe Norwich in three words
Uniquely beautiful city.
If you were stranded with three people on a deserted island, who would you want them to be?
My wife Yvette Cooper, Bear Grylls and Peter Kay.
If you could be any other person who would it be?
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed
How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
Go to the football. All the family, as not everybody would go to the football, would go some where simple in the city centre, some where really good, we would probably go to Zizzi just outside the close. And then on Sunday I would go for a run around the Wensum and I would cook roast beef and Yorkshire puddings and then we would go to the Evensong in the cathedral.
Would you rather spend a night in front of the telly or a night out on the town?
Depends what is on the telly but I think its good to have nights out on the town from time to time but at the moment I'm banned, Katya has given me early curfews.
What's your mantra in life?
Enjoy everyday like it's your last.
What song defines your life?
Elvis Presley; 'Wise men say only fools rush in' (lyrics from Can't Help Falling In Love).
What's your biggest fear?
Rats - I got bitten as a child by a rat in UEA. I put my finger in a cage and never got over it. That's why I can't go on I'm A Celebrity.
Which one thing could you never be without?
I think at the moment I would tragically have to say an iPhone.
What would you do if you won £5m on the lottery?
For £5m another central defender.