Happy Ed Balls Day! Seventh anniversary of the day the Norwich City chairman tweeted his own name
- Credit: Archant
It's that time of year again. Today the nation celebrates the day Norwich City chairman Ed Balls accidentally became an internet phenomenon by tweeting his own name.
It was back in 2011 when the Strictly Come Dancing star was shopping for the ingredients for a 12-hour pulled pork recipe in an Asda store when an aide suggested he search for an article on Twitter which mentioned him.
Mr Balls began typing in his name, but at a phone call distracted him and he accidentally hit 'send', tweeting the message to the delight of everyone on Twitter.
The original tweet has since been retweeted more than 89,000 times and received over 56,000 likes.
Thousands of people have used Twitter to celebrate the momentous day, sharing photos, videos and mocking up pictures of the former shadow chancellor.
You may also want to watch:
Like every year Mr Balls will mark the occasion by retweeting the original tweet at 4.20pm, the exact time it was sent six years ago.
What's your favourite Ed Balls moment? Let us know in the comments below.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 9 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney