Eco-friendly Wymondham wine shop teams up with whisky writer to launch refillable World Whisky bottles
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
A popular wine shop in Wymondham known for its refillable bottles has tested the successful idea with whisky.
Chris White from Reno Wine, on Market Street, teamed up with well-known whisky writer Dominic Roskrow to launch the refillable World Whisky bottles in November.
The 250ml bottles of whisky are drawn from their 'Crafted Cask' barrel, which includes a mixture of whiskes from around the world.
And the idea has been a hit - the first batch, which included Scottish, French and South African offerings, sold out within 24 hours.
Before the barrel runs empty it is refilled with more world whiskes, leading to a unique flavour for customers.
You may also want to watch:
Mr White said: 'I'm delighted to be working with Dom on this new offering for whisky enthusiasts which has received great feedback since we launched it in November.'
The Crafted Cask whisky costs £22.50, and £20 to be refilled.
For information contact 01953 425995, visit the shop's website here or pop into 15 Market Street.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 5 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 6 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 7 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 8 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
- 9 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 10 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
Do you have a Wymondham story? Contact email@example.com