How you could get paid to drink tea and eat cake
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A Norfolk based company are hiring part-time elderly Befrienders in the fight to tackle loneliness.
Home Instead Senior Care, which was founded in 1994, are looking for 'people people' in Dereham to work with the elderly to help improve their quality of life.
A spokesperson from Home Instead, said: "This home care service with the personal touch is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of one hour home visits, but the focus being on companionship and loneliness prevention.
"We have part-time jobs available in Dereham, Holt, Wymondham, Norwich and the surrounding villages.
"Come and help us on our mission to end loneliness amongst our local elderly population by joining us as a care companion and elderly befriender."
You may also want to watch:
Skills applicants need include, companionship, a drivers licence and the ability to make a good cup of tea. The job is paid £10.50 with holiday pay on top.
To find out more visit: www.homeinstead.co.uk/vacancies
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 10 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales