Easter service at Gorleston Pavilion will have a magic touch
- Credit: Archant
There will be plenty of magic when Cliff Park Community Church holds an Easter Sunday afternoon service at Gorleston Pavilion.
Taking part will be Eastern Area Baptist Minister the Rev Nick Lear who is also a magician and member of the Magic Circle.
He will be using his tricks, including one made famous by the escapologist Houdini, to preach the Easter message that Jesus is alive.
Cliff Park Church, which is based at the Junior School and normally meets there each Sunday, holds its annual carol service at the Pavilion each December but this is the first time for several years the church has taken over the theatre for an Easter service.
Music will come from the church worship band led by Lester Bullen.
You may also want to watch:
The free service will begin at 2pm. Doors will be open soon after 1pm and teas and coffees will be available before the service begins.
Cliff Park minister Rev Mike Simm said: 'Our church motto is 'To live and Give the Good news' and this is such a good opportunity to really celebrate Easter and open it up to everyone at this well known venue.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
'Our Christmas service is always popular and we hope and pray that people will want to join us this time for Easter with its central message of the Christian faith that Jesus rose from the dead.
We are so pleased that Nick Lear is willing to join us and use his special skills which will appeal to all ages.'