Rail users urged to plan ahead due to disruption over Easter weekend
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Rail passengers have been warned to plan ahead this weekend due to major engineering work on some of Britain's busiest routes.
More than 400 projects are to be carried out this Easter as part of a £118 million investment by Network Rail, including work on the mainline between Norwich and London Liverpool Street.
A bus replacement service will be in operation on the line between Ingatestone and Newbury Park over the four-day weekend and passengers will have to use London Underground services to complete journeys in and out of the capital.
Network Rail says it schedules engineering work for bank holidays as there are fewer passengers than normal on those days.
For those travelling on the buses, First have said its buses will be running a Sunday timetable on Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday. A normal Saturday timetable will operate on Saturday March 31.
On Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday Konnectbus will operate a Sunday timetable on routes 3, 4, 5, 5B, 8 and 11. Normal Saturday times will be in place for Saturday March 31.
You may also want to watch:
And On Good Friday the 501 Park & Ride service (Airport/Thickthorn) will operate to a special timetable - every 20 minutes between 9am and 6pm. Normal Saturday timetables will apply on Saturday March 31.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 9 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region