Easter bunny found hopping around Great Yarmouth bus depot in need of a home
This Easter bunny is looking for a home after he was found lopping around Great Yarmouth bus depot on his own.
The young male rabbit, nicknamed Bunnykins, was taken in by the Seal and Bird Rescue Trust in north Norfolk last week after a bus driver found him hopping around the Caister Road depot, cold and hungry.
Bev Cosse, chairman of the Ridlington wildlife rehabilitation centre, wants to reunite Bunnykins with his owner - and if no one comes forward, find him a new home over the Easter break.
'He lead the staff at the depot in a merry dance when they were trying to capture him, but Bunnykins - as we've temporarily named him - is absolutely lovely.
He was taken to the trust on Monday, March 18, for a health check, a warm bed and some food until the owner could be located.'
You may also want to watch:
But no one has yet come forward to claim Bunnykins.
Staff at the centre feel he must be a special pet of someone as he has clearly been looked after and trained.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 5 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 6 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 7 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 10 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
If Bunnykins is not claimed before Easter he will be on view over at the trust's Easter bank holiday open weekend where visitors can register their interest in rehoming him.
The Seal and Bird Rescue Trust will be open from 10am to 4pm on Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday (March 30 - April 1). Entry £3 for adults, £1.50 for children.
• If you are the rabbit's owner, contact the trust as soon as possible on 01692 650338 or 07919462770.