East of England Euro MP Richard Howitt raises over �2,000 for Big C cancer charity
Norfolk's Euro MP Richard Howitt has raised over �2,000 for local cancer charity, Big C.
The Labour MEP braved the icy cold of the North Sea on Boxing Day last year, taking a dip at Cromer beach in aid of the charity.
The total funds raised have now reached �2,290, with Richard saying: 'The generosity of my sponsors and support of Big C has been superb.'
Big C chief executive, Daniel Williams, added: 'I'm very grateful to Richard for raising this money and to the North Norfolk Beach Runners, who raised �2,161.43. Thank you!'
The Big C works to ensure that people in the Norfolk and Waveney area receive the best possible cancer treatment and care, including post-treatment support.
You may also want to watch:
Richard continued: 'It is crucial that we work with our European partners on cross-border research into new treatments and life-saving research.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered